Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
Pick Up/Drop Off Times
- Drop off: 8:15 am
- Pick up: 11:15 am
- Drop off: 12:15 pm
- Pick up: 3:15 pm
- The circle drive can be used to drop children off and pick children up. Parents stay in their car and school staff escort children to and from the vehicles. Wait until school personnel are present before your child leaves the car. At dismissal, make sure that your child’s yellow name card is clearly visible, and a staff member will bring your child to your car.
- When dropping your child off, pull up to the front of the loading zone. The child should be seated in the back seat on the passenger side.
- The driver should have the car in PARK before the door is opened.
- If you are late (past 8:25 or 12:25), school personnel will not be available and you will need to park your car, walk your child into the building, and check in at the office.
- At departure, the parent/guardian will pick his/her child up in the building or circle drive—make sure that your child’s name card is readily visible.
- NO PASSING in the circle drive.
- No cell phone usage in the circle drive.
Visitor Parking Lot
- Please make sure your child stays with you at all times.
- Carefully walk your child across the street and be aware of the staff member holding the STOP sign.
- Northwood doors will open at 8:15 and 12:15. Please stay with your child until the doors open.
- At dismissal, please wait for your child outside the main doors.
- Cars are not allowed in the bus loop south of the building.
- Staff members will help your child get on and off the bus.
- If your child rides the bus, see the additional information from Durham School Services.